Make sure that if someone reads only the headlines of your slides, and nothing else, they will still get your message. For example:
- Slide 1 headline: Sales are up
- Slide 2 headline: But average pick lines per order are too
- Slide 3 headline: So to protect profitability, we need to do 3 things to the database
- Slide 4 headline: Thing 1
- Slide 5 headline: Thing 2
- Slide 6 headline: Thing 3
Imagine that your boss is reading your presentation in the back of a taxi on the way to the airport, and she has a million other things to do on that ride. She only has time to read your headlines, so your headlines need to do 100% of the job. Will your deck survive that situation?